Cat (willowisp) wrote,


Life has quickly fallen back into usual patterns. Today we did our grocery shopping, Andy worked on his dissertation, and I hunted around for things I'd misplaced. Today I did so unusually frequently, even for me, though as of this writing I've found everything but the pet insurance claim forms and envelopes, and a bit of white-out and one of our envelopes were sufficient to get around that. I can't wait to see what "I can never forget this because it is so intuitive" place I'll find the paperwork in.

Thanks to merlinofchaos I finally got a round tuit and tried to switch our domains away from Network Pollutions/Veriscam. I don't know how well it worked because my browser got completely hung on the confirmation page. I sent an e-mail to find out if I need to resubmit or if they got the info and it was just a problem with the acknowledgement page loading.

I fed and played with Jewel, who was breathing normally and was very happy to chase the evil feather beast. Because I'm a sucker for cats being cute I took some pictures. The first is her preparing to pounce on the aforementioned feather beastie, and the second is a triumphant capture.

One of my three auctions got a bid, so I'll be shipping it off tomorrow. I relisted the necklace/bracelet at a slightly lower opening bid and the second paperweight at a fairly more substantial reduction. It'll be interesting to see if I can sell them in round two.

The highlight of our day was probably when I gave Andy a shouler-rub. After lugging a heavy backpack around Siggraph all week and with the tension of trying to get his paper written he was in some readily apparent pain. Hopefully my "what I remember from choir ten+ years ago" massage was enough to do at least some appreciable amount of good.

I took my walk very late tonight in hopes that the temperature would break. I finally just decided to go when it hit 79 at 23:30, and in deference to the heat and the hour I only did three laps. It took just about half hour, which is exactly within my normal range. I saw no fireflies or bunnies tonight, only this really nasty-looking bug which I avoided because it looked like it could probably bench press me. Have I mentioned that bugs get big in NC? At least it was on its back struggling to turn over so it paid me no mind.

Since I began walking two and a half hours later than usual, bedtime approacheth. Tomorrow the temperature's supposed to get into the three digits -- maybe I'll have to go back to the Nordic Track. I hope we get some rain soon, both to ease the heat wave and hopefully to end the drought.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.