Cat (willowisp) wrote,

After dropping Andy off at the airport, I decided to come home instead of going immediately to do clothes shopping. I got the second stage of lunch and the first stage of dinner set up, then took a walk with the digital camera. Andy's parents had asked what autumn is like here, so I got some pictures of some of the foliage. The pictures are available here.

Lunch was uneventful, and then I headed to the mall. Due to a mall-phobia I have, I haven't clothes-shopped in one for years. The turning point was that earlier this year Sears made a deal with Land's End to carry their stuff, and a Sears employee told me they'd start stocking it in October. Either it was very well-hidden or else the schedule got pushed back. I did head to another store and found a wonderfully soft (it felt like the best of velvet and suede) deep brown skirt, but I was unsure of the fit. I'll probably go back with Andy when he gets home. I didn't leave the mall empty-handed, though -- a friend's wife is having a baby, and thus there was a pilgrimage to Build-A-Bear. I'll mail the critter tomorrow.

When I got home I went for a full walk. Getting the HA1C result which I did had a very important effect: I'd been considering giving up the walks. From where I stood I wasn't losing weight and the finger-prick blood tests were rarely under 100. That 5.5 firmly established that the walking has helped, and I'll definitely be sticking with the near-daily walks.

I got home to discover that Andy had called from Minneapolis. Things were a bit dicey because Air Force 1 was parked there. Andy has now encountered Air Forces 1 and 2 at airports -- Tennessee/Gore and Minnesota/Bush. Come to think of it, both times have been on Northwest Airlines. I'm not sure if this is a sign that we should be avoiding that airline or switching to it on a more regular basis. Anyway, Andy also arrived safely in San Jose, was wined and dined by chatty, esmerel, and merlinofchaos. Hopefully he'll sleep well tonight and be well-rested for his first five interviews. Since this entry has taken a few hours to complete, I'm going to try to get some sleep -- maybe a kitty or two will keep me company.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment