Some people have been suggesting I blog, so I'm vaguely looking into reviving this LJ account. A lot has happened since the last post, in April of 2013. With regards to that post -- nope, I didn't win the trip to space. Sniffle.
This is a quick catch-up for those who don't follow me on Facebook. Those who do will probably find this to be quite familiar.
- I'm still married to callicrates. April 11th of 2015 will mark our 17th wedding anniversary.
- We still have three kitties, in order of age: Heidi, Sean, and Jenny
- We still live in New Mexico.
- I've taken up knitting. I actually have a (mostly dormant) knitting blog at spundreams.blogspot.com
- My sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in October 2013 and declared NED in May of 2014, just before her wedding.
- In September of 2014 I developed a severe infection from a popped blister and landed in the hospital. The infection was brought under control within three days using an end-stage antibiotic. Unfortunately the antibiotic sent me into stage four kidney failure, necessitating another several days in the hospital. The infection left a large wound on my foot which over the next few months split into two smaller and one fairly large wound. My kidneys were declared back to normal in late December and the largest of the wounds on my foot was declared healed in early January of 2015.
- My sister, my mom, and I all have the same mutation in the BRCA2 gene which means we're at a higher risk for certain types of cancer.
- Probably most of what I write about, especially in the near future, will be the measures I'm taking with regards to the BRCA2 revelation.
- Though I may note on Facebook that I've made an entry to LJ, I do not plan on cross-posting from LJ to Facebook.
- I will try to update my Dreamwidth account in real time as well, but it will be a mirror LJ rather than an independent blog.
That's all for now. I may add things to this; if so I will try to remember to note the date of the update in the edit.