Cat (willowisp) wrote,

Slight Change of Plans

I had suspected that Gail wasn't eating, and last night callicrates and I confirmed it. We closed Gail in the room with us and monitored how much food she was given, and her little oink-oink of a sister was closed outside (with fresh water, since the fountain is in our room still). She ate nothing overnight, on top of not having eaten at all yesterday when Andy and I were watching. Her food dish is downstairs and we can see it from pretty much everywhere except our room, so the monitoring was more or less constant.

I called the vet today at 07:30 and got an appointment at 11:5 for tomorrow, then pushed it back to 11:30 because Andy has an important meeting starting at 10:00. The receptionist called back a few minutes later; the vet is coming in early and she offered us a 10:00 time slot for today. This is good because Gail gets seen sooner and Andy can work from home and not worry about bailing on his meeting.

I have no idea if Gail will still be getting her teeth cleaned on Thursday. I imagine a lot will depend upon how much she weighs and what can be done to get her eating in the next day and three-quarters. Since force-feeding most emphatically didn't work we have a new feeding strategy pending the emergency appointment: baby food.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.