My uncle married into a very artistic family, and one time while visiting his in-laws' house I saw a painting (more accurately, two paintings in one), by his then-fiancee's brother, which evoked the song for me. My uncle and aunt-in-law now own the house and have knocked down the wall on which the painting hung, but I can still point out the spot where it used to be.
I have mentioned an interest in the painting to my aunt-in-law's brother, but I have a gut feeling that I would need to save up for a long time to be able to afford it. Hmmmmm. I may also owe him a copy of the song.
The song that reminds me of somewhere is "Blackstairs" by Clannad, which reminds me of that spot in my uncle and aunt-in-law's house.
- day 01 – your favorite song: "Shades of Gray" as performed by The Monkees.
- day 02 – your least favorite song: "(She Was A) Hotel Detective" by TMBG.
- day 03 - a song that makes you happy: Beethoven's 6th, 1st movement.
- day 04 - a song that makes you sad: "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton.
- day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone: "Trouble Me" by 10,000 Maniacs. (Ray Hall)
- day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event: "The Throne Room" by John Williams. (Our wedding recessional)
- day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere: "Blackstairs" by Clannad. (My uncle's house)